I was wondering what jurisdictions the trail passed through in the first section. Pulling out my heavy Tyvek 2006 official Cleveland National Forest map, and using 2015 mile markers from Halfmile gives these estimates:
- 0 - 14: mostly BLM
- 14 - 53: Cleveland National Forest
- 53 - 62: Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- 62 - 69: BLM
- 69 - 87: Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- 87 - 101: BLM
- 101 - 113: not specified (the area around Warner Springs)
- 113 - 125: Cleveland National Forest
- 125 - 143: Anza Borrego Desert State Park
At that point, the PCT goes off my map.
- 51 miles: Cleveland National Forest
- 45 miles: Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- ~35 miles: BLM
- 12 miles: other
I'm a bit surprised at how much of section A is in Anza Borrego. I knew it had to go through a bit of the park, but not 45 miles!